Google

Walking to improve my energy, keep me active and calm my mind.

Posted by Misk Aroma on Tuesday, May 6, 2008


My T days are the days when I go walking around Tomato Lake with dear friend of mine. I call it T days because it's at Tomato Lake and it's on Tuesday and Thursday. You can make your walking fun with a friend like I do. During walking we talk, so we don't feel like too long. We walk around 5 km. It takes us about 30 minutes.

It is better to start slowly and then built it up to walking faster like we did. Don't over do it at the beginning. Now we walk briskly. It makes the heart beats faster than normal and the breathing is deeper than usual. I also notice that my body feels warm.

At the beginning my intension of walking was to control my weight. Now, I am doing it to improve my health by strengthen my heart, bones and muscles. It also calms my mind, improve my energy and keep me active.

We started walking early this year. I push my daughter and my friend also pushes her daughter in their stroller. They enjoy it.

I am thinking if we can't do it during winter because it is too cold or else raining perhaps we can do it indoor like in the shopping center.

It is a good idea to warm-up before walking. It can prevent sprains or injury to ligaments. I think my weight make my ankles sprains or I am going to find out if I need new shoe for walking.

0 comments:
 
 
 
Template by Myo Kyaw Htun under C.C